CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

So Much To Thank Him For

Okay this weekend was a long one. To start off I had my Dr everything went great. Just as I thought no news was good news. I don't have sugar problems and I am measuring right on target and my weight gain is great. PTL for that! Then comes flooding. We could have been in serious trouble when we hit water on the highway and was going 50mph and it stopped us dead on the road. It was like hitting a brick wall. I called the highway department and they ended up shutting the highway down the rest of the day. Thank the Lord he keep us safe. In other things we got Ty's crib thanks to my dad. He called awhile back and said he wanted to buy that for us. So that was a huge help and one more thing to check off the list. We did start on the trim and base board but only got as far as getting them painted. But it is one step closer. Okay moving on because there is a lot of things left to write. Our Suv decided it was going to break and have problems Saturday so we had a big deal trying to get it fixed Saturday night and Sunday. After finding the problem and buying the parts two times we got it fixed. They broke the new parts once thus having to buy it twice.

Now the biggest thing to thank him for. Since Derek and I have been working in Kansas we have been praying to start a work here. A few weeks back we got an email about a man up in Wichita and him wanting The Church of God up there. So Derek talked with him and we are going to start Sunday school class with him. Well we started it last night. It ended up being him, his dad, his brother and two other neighbors he had invited. We did the lesson with them sang songs and Derek ended up preaching a bit. They are so hungry for the truth. And the two sons and dad are so loving and nice. We ended up leaving there house at 11:30pm. And that was because we still had a two hour drive to where the town we stay at is. Then today Derek got a txt message from one of the son's wanting us to call him tonight when we can both be on speaker phone and saying the truth is marching on and Thanking God. So please be in prayer for this work and these people and for us as this is a new to us.

Well this is a long post. And my little boy is letting me know I need to get some food. Have a good day.

1 comment:

Montgomery's said...

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to still meet with those people. How exciting it is to know that God is still moving in peoples hearts. And your blood sugar being okay! I forgot to ask about that! You guys take care! So glad we were able to spend some time with you.