CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

People Are So DUMB & Make Me SICK!

So you are thinking what is going on. Let me explain the best I can. Today I went into town to do my weekly shopping. All goes well in the store. So as I am going to my car to put the bags up and leave, I notice a little kid in the parking lot just walking around. So I start to look to see if somebody is around. As this old couple next to me is putting things in there car but looking around thinking the same as me. It becomes clear that this child is by it's self. I am talking a 1 and 1/2 or 2 year old child. So the couple and me are talking and I go get the child and they go in and get a Walmart manager. The manager comes out and we look to see if anyone may be looking for a child and then go inside and page if anyone is missing one. Nobody comes up so then the police come and asked questions and what not. This little guy was so scared and didn't know anyone but seemed calm with me so when the cops took him from me he started to scream and cry. My heart was already broke that he was alone. And couldn't even Begin to understand how anybody could just drop there child off at a store and leave. So the pain and emotions was already running high and well being pregnant didn't help any. I asked the cops to wait for me to run back and get him some cloths and shoes because all he had on was a shirt and dipper. When I got back up there the manager said don't worry about paying for them its taken care of and if there was anything else I could think of that he might need to go get it and maybe a toy would help as well. Then once all the information was down and I was getting ready to leave the manager gave me a hug and asked if I was going to be all right and if I needed anything. We stood talking for a bit and both just couldn't believe someone would do that. When I got to the car I just begin to cry then all the way to the motel and then sat and cried an hour or so later. I still can't believe what happen. My heart is broken for this little child so helpless and alone. I just pray he will get a good home and not remember this and also pray for the parents because well they need Jesus!

7 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

If it is any consolation...I probably would have reacted the same way you did and I'm not even pregnant! ~smile~ That little boy was blessed to have a very human angel to help him out and care for him, even if it was for a very short amount of time. So grateful for those who allow God to work through them.

Gram (Connie M) said...

WOW its so good that you and the others found him instead of a weirdo or he actually got hit by a car I hope his parents don't get him back poor thing! he deserves better

you done good.

Montgomery's said...

AMAZING! Just amazing. Wow. I'm so glad you were there to help the poor child and how comforting to know he wasn't as scared in your arms. Hopefully his new home will give him the same peace. And a good shout out to the manager of that store. That was awsome, you go in to do a good deed and he says get what you need for him.

Grace & Co said...

It breaks my heart that anyone would even have the nerve to just drop off their child without a second glance. It just shows what sin can do, and it's sick. Even though it was hard for you, that little boy needed you there to be with him. Did you ever hear more about him? Any updates?

d_lhays said...

No I never heard anything more. I just pray they find him a good home and don't give him back back to the "parents".

mandie said...

When I was pregnant with Emilie that happened to me!!! A little boy came wandering into our yard. He was about the same age. He was naked excet for the diaper he had been wearing for atleast 8 hours. It was so emotional. You did the right thing. It makes me think of that song "Thank You" by Ray Boltz

Montgomery's said...

so I can't leave a message on your last post, but the pictures of the baby room are so cute. It really turned out nice. Hope you got my package for your baby shower. Really hated to miss it. I can't believe you have just 30 some days left! How exciting.