CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pre Pre School

So Derek and I have started working with Tyler on ABC's, counting, colors, and animals.  He is doing very good with it all. But has a hard time sitting still for more then 5 minutes. I have seen they the actually have a two year old homeschooling package. But it is pretty pricey and I figure it is just the basic stuff any ways and I can do my own for the 2 yr old stage.  I can tell what we have been doing has helped a lot in just his talking and word saying. So this brings me to the next thing. It is still a ways off but I still need to be thinking about it and have a plan. To home school or not to? I am open minded to them both. Derek is close minded. And believes homeschooling is the only way. I have a huge pro/cons list. And I am just not sure. I am afraid that in this day and age I personally don't know enough to be teaching him. I want him to be able to go to college if that's what he wants to choose.  Also I am sure he is going to want to play sports and I don't want to take that away from him.  I am doing all the research I can. Praying that the Lord will guide my husband and me in the direction we should go. And that there will be peace kept between us when we go to discussing the subject. Any thoughts about this. Or information you have on it is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Tammy K. said...

DON'T LET HOMESCHOOLING SCARE YOU TO BAD. JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT IT IS ONE GRADE AT A TIME AND YOU HAVE A TEACHERS GUIDE BOOK THAT WILL HELP. COLLEGE IS 18 YRS AWAY. dON'T BASE YOUR DECESTION ON IF HE IS GONNA GO TO COLLEGE OR NOT. AS FAR AS THE SPORTS THING GOES. a LOT OF STATES OFFER COMMUNITY SPORTS AND SOME PLACES WILL ALLOW HOME SCHOOL KIDS TO PLAY ON THEIR TEAMS. JUTS A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT.