CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chirstmas

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas's! Ours has been full of emotions and a pretty rough one. It started off with Derek getting layed off of work till the first of the year. Then him hitting a deer on the last day of work.  It wouldn't have been that bad but he was in his sisters car! So needless to say it wasn't the best for his sister either. We feel so awful about. I was sick about it for a week and still feel my stomach turn every time I think about it. It did a lot of damage to the car. But thankfully Derek was okay. There wasn't anything he could do to avoid it. So with all that going on emotions was high. We did get together with everyone on Christmas Eve. Tyler ended up sick and sleeping most of the night.  Then in the morning  we got up and tried to get Tyler up but had no luck. So I got the turkey on. Then tried to wake him up again. Didn't work so he got up at 11 just in time for company to show up. That whole day was a blur and stressful with 20 people in my house. And having cooked the whole meal for them with my sisters in laws help! NEVER again. LOL Then that evening we had another dinner. Derek and I have decided to do like the 4 Christmas movie. Avoid jumping family to family's house and squeezing everyone in and just go on vacation somewhere new every year. First  being Christmas in New York=)

4 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

There ya go. Going on a vaction would be tons less stressful forsure!! :) I don't know if they do this every year, but do you know Jaclyn Cabales? They went to California over Christmas. Lucky her. ;) Although, it sounded like it had been pretty rainy....

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your sister in laws car. I can only imagine the stress of it. But really....it could happen to anyone. And good thing no one was hurt!

I'll be praying for your husbands job. That there will be NO MORE lay offs!!!!

d_lhays said...

Thank you for the prayers. Jaclyn is my brother-in-laws, sister-in-law. I guess to make it less complicated Rusty is my brother-in-laws brother.

d_lhays said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessa Stephens said...

oooooh! =) cool.