CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Town

After many and I mean many hours of fighting with my computer I have won. Well at least for now. Yep I got it up in running all on my own. And I am so happy I have internet again. I was starting to go crazy without it. Moving on. We are now back in the life of living in motel to motel and boy I do not miss it let me tell ya. In fact I hate it. Not only are we living out of motel but the town we are in is a rat hole. It is a very small town in the middle of Kansas. (5 hours to Oklahoma and 5 hours to Colorado.) There is no Wal-mart and the population is maybe 2,000 but that is a far reach. The people here are so rude and don't know how to drive as well. And to top it all off the town smells so bad, because of the cattle farms and feed mill things. I am a big time city girl I have no small town girl in me. With this job here Derek is working 6 days a week. So there is no going home or anywhere for that matter. Which leaves me at the motel alone 12 hours a day. I don't know what I am going to do other then go crazy. Well it's time to get some lunch. Sorry if I bummed you out.

4 comments:

Grace & Co said...

If your Internet works that will help cut out some of the boredom. If there's a library you could get some reading done.. You have plenty of time on your hands!

I'm not a small town girl either. =S

Anonymous said...

Hey been there done that.....and It is boring.. that is why and when I started painting on saw blades and now don't have the time. check out this website its like ebay for selling crafts and painting. it is ETSY I don't know if it is .com or what but you can find it thru a search if not. Gram

d_lhays said...

Thanks for the ideas. I dont know if there is a library or not but I have a mini library of my own that keeps me reading. I looked at that website and it's neat. I think im going to try and take up quilts.

Heather said...

I tried to leave a comment on here earlier... it was quite funny but it just doesn't seem as funny to type it out the second time as it was before so I guess you will have to do without my small dose of humor... sorry!

PS- I think you should take up curtains because my house is in desperate need of some window treatments and I think we can all agree that I don't have a domestic bone in my body! It's a shame but you can thank my mother... Although, you do know how much I love a good quilt- speaking of which have I told you about the quilt Aaron bought me for Christmas?