CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Okay it is freezing out. I am curled up under a blanket. Last night are heater in are room went out. So we bundled up and waited till today to go down and tell them. So I got to pack up all are stuff and move rooms today. And to top it off today is laundry day. Yup that's right waiting hours upon hours for one washer and dryer. To have somebodies under garments fall out on to the floor. I hate it. This job has been great to us but it comes with so many downs. And your life can change in a blink of an eye.

So we got word yesterday that Derek will be working weekends till Christmas. So we don't get to go home till I think it's two days before Christmas maybe that is. If Derek don't have to go to Oregon and Washington for the big storms. His boss mentioned something about it yesterday. I know he would love to go on a storm break as they call it. But I would not be able to go with him. So I wouldn't know if he would be back by Christmas or not:( I know I would be sad but if he was able to help so many people that lost everything and give them power I would rather him be able to do that. Those people have lost so much and right around the holidays. I knew what we getting into with this job and it was a matter of before something like this was going to come up.

It is going to be fun trying to do Christmas shopping. This town has no stores. We may be able to go to Topeka and do some shopping one weekend but it will be kind of hard. We will have to spread out to do are shopping for each other. Then get it wrapped there or something. Not like there is hiding places in a small motel room. I'm going to miss shopping with Heather this year. I hate going by myself. It is always great to have an opinion of another. Till next time take care

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am going to miss that too- lucky for me the only people I am shopping for this year are you and Derek...speaking of which, I am still waiting on that list!! :)