CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Week!

Happy Friday. Well a lot has happen this past week. Derek came home Monday night and said he had to pack his bags and leave the next morning to go work on all the power outages. (three states are in a state of emergency) So we got his stuff all together. So then I was trying to figure out what I was doing. So I called my mom up then my dad and decided I was headed to Colorado. Being that I couldn't go to Oklahoma because everyone has been out of power there since Sunday and still is. And the roads being so bad going that way.

Tuesday I was to leave and head to Colorado but the weather was still to bad. So I had to stay. The power in the town we were went off. I was at the motel all day without it. Talk about lots of fun. Being how ever many miles from home in a town by myself were I know nobody. It finally came back on that night. Derek at that time called me and up dated me and said he was working in a town 25 min from the town I was and they were staying at that motel. So I didn't have to stay by myself that night.

Wednesday I got up at four. Got Derek off to work. Packed up the car and left to Colorado. It was a long drive. The roads were all snow packed and icy, so you couldn't go full speed. But I got to Colorado. Where I am staying at my grandmas. I got to visit with a lot all ready.

I talked to Derek last night which was Thursday. He said they may be working threw Christmas if everyone isn't back up. Please be praying for him. He is working in freezing cold temperatures with little sleep. Which is very dangerous in that type of work. He is working 18 hour days with 6 hours of sleep. I don't even know if that's legal. But please remember him. Well that's it for know. Have a great weekend.

No comments: