CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside



That's right it is down right cold outside. Yesterday it snowed all day long. And today snow. We can't get enough of it. Good thing Derek and I like it. Bad thing is with Derek's job they don't work in rain, snow, or any other extreme weather. So Derek was off yesterday. Which means no pay. It is for casted to snow for the next five days. So it's kind of a bad deal. If Derek don't get some work he has talked about going to the union and getting moved. He is talking about wanting to go to Texas or Arizona. So we will see what happens the next few days.

We tried to do some shopping yesterday at some local stores down town since Derek was off. That didn't work out for us. I don't know how people do it. Or how they make any money. We went to a coffee shop. It was cute but they didn't know how to make any specialty coffee's. They said they did but it was not good. But it's a small town what can you say. At least they try i guess. We did find a little movie rental store. So we went in and told them about us being here and to see if we could rent some movies and they said yes. So we got a couple of movies and spent the evening watching them.


Other news. I got a slow cooker the other night. We can't stand eating out any more. I never really have used one before. So it has been interesting. Nor have I ever really cooked anything in the microwave besides a potato. It goes against everything my mom ever taught me about cooking. But it has worked out ok. The only thing is I have to leave the window open because smelling it that much makes me sick. Can't imagine what everyone thinks when they walk by our room. We also have put up a mini Christmas tree. It's sad but what can you do. We have tried to make it as much like home as one can.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think the tree is cute!

Pam said...

I agree with Heather the tree is cute. Hey you do what you have to do.